THE DEALER APP LIMITED (We or we) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
SCOPE OF POLICY
· The Dealer mobile application software (App) available for download on the Apple App Store, or hosted on our site at wwwthedealerapp.co.uk, once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is The Dealer App Limited of Old Park, Old Park Lane, Chichester, West Sussex PO18 8AP.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Submitted Information: information that you provide by filling in forms on the App Site and the Services Sites (together Our Sites), including the Device’s telephone number. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App or any of the Services, subscribing to any of the Services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by The Dealer App Limited, and when you report a problem with any of Our Sites.
· Additional information:
o if you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence
o We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
o Details of transactions you carry out through any of Our Sites and of the fulfilment of your orders or reservations;
o details of your visits to any of Our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access; and
o Geolocational data, messaging services and Facebook and other social media website information. This may include but not be limited to age, sex and interests.
o Transactional data of which restaurants you have visited, how often and what you spent there.
· Device information: We may collect information about the Device or any computer you may use to download or stream a copy of the App onto your Device, including, where available, the Device’s or computer’s unique Device identifiers, operating system, browser type and mobile network information as well as the Device’s telephone number, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. We may associate Device information with Submitted Information and will treat the combined information as personal data in accordance with this policy for as long as it is combined.
· Location information: when you use one of our location-enabled Services, We may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of these Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time by not enabling locational services when the App is loaded, or at any other time turning off location services in the settings.
· Log information: when you use the Services or view content on Our Sites, We may automatically collect and store certain information in server logs , including but not limited to internet protocol (IP) addresses, internet service provider (ISP), clickstream data, browser type and language, viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps.
· Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted using Secured Sockets Layer technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of Our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, We cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. The App updates your GPS logging information on a secure server for the App’s functionality purpose, we do not distribute that to any third party. All information is securely held, to the best of our ability.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5).
Certain Services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
· Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data when you sign up to our app or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you: create an account on our app; subscribe to our publications; request marketing to be sent to you; enter a competition, promotion or survey; or give us some feedback.
· Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website and app, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing action and patterns. We collect this data by using cookies and other similar technologie
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Submitted Information: Log in details, account details.
· Additional information: Improved user experience such as further profile information.
· Device information: Push notification.
· Location information: Nearby functionality (close fares functionality).
· Log information: Ratings, Measure Server traffic.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services that may be of interest to you. They or We may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS or push notifications) with information about goods and services similar to those that were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which We collect your data (the registration form).
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, We may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
· Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
· Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third-party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
· Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
See the Glossary of this notice to find out more about the types of lawful basis that we will rely on to process your personal data.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email. You have a right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting our Data Protection Manager (details above).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· If The Dealer App Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request.
· In order to:
o protect the rights, property or safety of The Dealer App Limited our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at Old Park, Old Park Lane, Chichester, West Sussex PO18 8AP email@example.com
Our Sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.